Friday 17 August 2012

American State flags (more alternatives)


Its been a while since I posted anything but I have been kept busy. This post is a fallow up on the US State flag post I did a while back. Most American state flags don't work because of the seal on blue design which make it hard to identify them. See below:

Unlike my last USA related post I haven't focused on a 'standard' design but rather individual designs. Some are simply 'improvements' of current flag. One thing most of them do have in common is they have a single star on them. As Each state is represented by a star in the American flag I thought it would be interesting to try and feature this in the flags.
My first design is for Arkansas if you compare it to the current flag you will notice that it is really just a simplified version of the current flag. There is no text and only a single star.
Next is Florida. I have included what I would call St Patrick's Cross but on research I think that it is coincidence and the red satire design is based on the Confederate flag. The seal is to complicated to feature on the flag so a I use a plain saltire. The star at the hoist of the flag I think is a nice touch and stops confusion with the Irish St Patrick's cross.
Similarly we have Georgia. it also includes a saltire design with the star at the hoist. I based this on 1956–2001Georgia flag. However rather than going completely 'rebel' I took the same approach Florida and Alabama did, and used a simplified saltire. this still reflects the past but is not 'bound' by it.   
Next is Illinois as you can see it is inspired by the USA flag, featuring red and white bars with the state star in the canton. The eagle with the banner is taken from the state's current flag. 
The same idea is used for Kansas. The wheat in the centre reflects it nick name: The Wheat State  The motto meaning "Through hardships to the stars" also features. 
Next is Louisiana flag this is based on the historic flag of the Republic of Louisiana .
The flag of Montana is based on another alternative design which I quite liked which was the horizontal tricolour featured at the fly. 
Oklahoma is next and has a similar native American Symbol to what is on the New Mexico flag but is evidently different. Like most flags it also features a star. 
South Dakota is a simplified version of the current flag with the complicated design in the middle replaced with a star and the text removed it looks more like the 1909 flag.
The flag for the state of Washington has a portrait of the man himself which I think is quite unsuitable for a state flag. But keeping in mind the links the state has to its namesake I based the state flag on Washington's personal/command flag. But with a white boarder so that it is evidently different from the historic flag. 
For West Virginia I used the current flag as a template and used a jolly roger design from aspects of the coat of arms. The cap symbolising liberty and the spade and pickaxe symbolising the minor and farmer from it. The coat of arms also depicts muskets but I thought weapons might give out the wrong idea.  
For Connecticut I came up with the light blue field depicting a white star with navy boarder, and a white triangle pointing up with some grapes as they are featured in the current state flag. Although the grapes I feature are simplified and only feature one instead of three.
Delaware next, and again we have a simplified version of the current flag. the removal of text 'Delaware' and the coat of arms. I have however kept the date as it is very important in American history and something that has strong links to the state. Although I shortened it so only the year (1787) features.  
Nebraska is actually based on the Texas flag but with the addition of another red bar and the state motto in text. 
Oregon is unique as it has a two sided flag. This is something I have tried to embrace as it is part of the tradition for the flag of that state. The reverse of the flag (bottom image) featuring the beaver is something that is unchanged although the two gold bars featured on the front are also on the reverse to give both sides some uniformity. The Front of the flag is changed completely with a simple star and the date 1859 which is an important date in the history of that state.
Wyoming possibly has the worst flag featuring a buffalo and seal. I decided to keep the buffalo, although in a far more simple and recognisable form, which is the head only. The red white and blue design I think works well and a star in the canton of the blue looks really well. 

8 comments:

  1. Some of them are really fine: Arkansas, Connecticut, Washington and Wyoming. And Louisiana has a touching flag currently, but I still prefer this old one that you showed.

    About Oregon: uh, double-sided flags aren't a tradition to be preserved, definitely.

    And now a suggestion that would make many of these flags workable: no lettering! Mainly if they're motto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it always nice to know when someone likes your idea
      "About Oregon: uh, double-sided flags aren't a tradition to be preserved, definitely." I would agree in which case I would pick one side only. However some people are funny about silly traditions so I designed two sides just in-case.
      "make many of these flags workable: no lettering! Mainly if they're motto." Haha I thought you would say that and I thought that too, but they sort of grew on me lol

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      Xl...

      Delete
  2. Helo,
    I study flags for many years. It is my hobby. I liked your flags very much ! ( in my opinion they are better now). If you compare the japonese state flags, with the brazilians state flag and the american you will see how the culture of these nations are expressed in their flags. PS:I am brazilian Fernando Magalhaes fernandomzb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friends,I am ALISHA ROSS, This is my testimony on how my ex lover come back to me..i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to ZUMA ZUK solution home for bringing back my lover who left me for almost 2 year,i feel like my life is completely over, so one day as i was searching on the internet for recommend spell caster who will help me to bring my lover back, Finally i met a writing how so many testimony talking about how ZUMA ZUK help to restore relationship back,so i decided to give it a try so i contacted the spell caster called ZUMA ZUK and explain my problems to him,and he cast spell love spell luckily within 24 hours my lover really called me and started apologizing for all he had caused me.and be begging me to accept him back and will are living together and happily married, I am the happiest woman on earth today because ZUMA ZUK has done a wonderful deeds in my life and i will continue to share this testimony, i pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to help more people having similar problem like mine, contact him. Email spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com Call or Whats App +15068001647

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO BINARY OPTION SCAM OR ANY ONLINE SCAM WHATSOEVER?.DO YOUR DESIRE CREDIT REPAIR[EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION? WELL, YOU HAVE FOUND REDEMPTION IN ASORE CORP.



    Asore Corp is a group of multinational Hacker's, an affiliate of Evil Corp. We make sure by all means necessary that our clients get the best of services on a🔐PAYMENT AFTER JOB IS DONE BASIS✅. Rather than send money and trust a criminal to fulfill your deal, you can make sure the job is done before WORKMANSHIP is paid for. You'll get excellent customer service.

    That's a 100% guarantee. Our Cyber security Technicians are on standby 24/7 to receive your job requests.



    ⚠️ BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS looking to hoax.

    if you have been a VICTIM, contact : ✉️cyberprecinct@gmail.com for directives.

    Here, it's always a win for you.



    🔸OUR SERVICES🔸

    ➡️Binary Option funds recovery

    ➡️Social media hack

    ➡️Recovery of loan scam

    ➡️Credit repair (Equifax,Experian,Transunion)

    ➡️Email hack

    ➡️College score upgrade

    ➡️Android & iPhone Hack

    ➡️Website design

    ➡️Website hack

    And lots more.



    DISCLAIMER: Asore Cyber Corp accepts no responsibility for any information,previously given to anybody by clients on as regarding the job. Asore Cyber Corp will not distribute contact information collected on any hacking job other than in the Asore corps Hacker's listings themselves, and will not sell contact information to third parties.



    CONTACT INFO:

    📧 asorehackcorp@gmail.com

    cyberprecinct@gmail.com



    Copyright ©️

    Asore Cyber Corp 2021.

    All rights reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    cu ..

    ReplyDelete